We have the technology and products you need to be EMV ready.
A huge block to fraud.
EMV stands for Europay, MasterCard, and Visa, the developers of chip technology. It was created to provide an international standard for secure debit and credit chip card transactions.
The standard in Europe since 1993, Canada began a large-scale conversion in 2007, and as of 2013, 80 countries globally were in various stages of EMV chip migration. In 2009, American Express (AMEX) became the fourth partner of EMVCo.
Every time a chip card is used for a card-present purchase, the chip generates a unique code, making it difficult to create counterfeit cards or steal information at the point-of-sale.
As of October 2015, merchants across the U.S. need to be EMV compliant to improve the security of their payment transactions and to avoid the fraud liability shift.
Payment processing is our business. We provide innovative technology and services, and help make payment processing an easy and cost-effective investment.
- EMV Readiness – We have EMV solutions that remove the impact and burden of the EMV liability shift
- EMV Security – Industry-leading security features exceed standard requirements, helping keep card holder data and your business safe
- Flexible Payments Solutions – Our single-source platform provides you with comprehensive payment solutions - whether you’re accepting transactions in-person, online or on-the-go
- EMV Developer Ready Specs – Faster and easier integration than any other payment processor
- Layered Approach to Data Security – Including EMV, end-to-end encryption and tokenization
- Proven Expertise – Over a decade of processing EMV transactions with more than 3 billion credit and debit card transactions per year
As EMV use expands and more issuers move away from the magnetic stripe to chip only cards, merchants that have not converted may find they are turning away business.
U.S. Merchants are not required to support chip processing. However, there are key advantages for those who do convert.
|EMV Enabled||Not EMV Enabled|
|Fraud||Reduced and less likely||Occurs more frequently and is more likely|
|Card Data Security||High and cardholder information is safer||Low and cardholder information can be stolen|
|Counterfeit Cards||Less likely and difficult to produce||Easily produced and re-produced|
|Merchant Liability||No shift in liability for fraudulent card transactions for card-present purchases*||Could be liable for fraudulent card transactions for card-present purchases*|
*EMV only protects cardholder information for card-present purchases.